What our users say
Thank you so much!Thank you so much - it installed easily and does exactly what it needs to - I very much appreciate your making such a wonderful tool available.
Amazing app!Thanks, mate! Amazing app!
It worked!The whole installation process worked flawlessly! Congrats guys!
Awesome app!Really detailed video, awesome app!
This is awesome!This is awesome. I installed it on NameCheap cPanel. If you are stucked in creating the cronjob, go to the cPanel cron jobs page and add an email, it worked with me after that.
Easy to setup and free!Very good plugin to get automated ssl certificate for free.
Worked nice!Worked perfectly in my site..
It is the simplest SSL installerI am happy I started using this app. It is the simplest SSL installer out there and you don’t have to do anything that is too technical. I highly recommend it.
Awesome!I like it, its wonderful, It works every time. I strongly recomended it.
It is AWESOME!I used to manually renew my ssl certificate, but with this app, this is taken care of automatically. Now I have one less thing to do and I know this app will do it better than me.
Great Work!Thank you so much man behind the app! Great Work!
Amazing!Really amazing.... it worked for me.
All you need a web browser and 20 minutes!
- Let's Encrypt™ ACME API version 2 supported.
- Browser-based installation and configuration.
- Option to issue one SSL certificate even before installing this client/app. This option appears if you access the installation page over an insecure connection (HTTP). This feature ensures that you don't need to enter database and login credentials on a "Not secure" page (from the very beginning).
- WildCard SSL certificates are available.
- Automatic installation of free SSL certificates on cPanel shared hosting.
- Let's Encrypt™ recommends renewing SSL certificates before 30 days of expiry. You have the option to change it.
- Save the free SSL certificate and private key above the document root directory (usually public_html) of your hosting.
- Custom name the directory where private keys and SSL certificates are kept secure.
- Choose SSL certificate key size as per your wish.
- The app stores all the confidential credentials (password/API secret) using the open SSL encryption.
- Add daily cron job with one click. You don't need to log in your web hosting control panel to set the cron job.
- Option to revoke SSL cert and change Let's Encrypt™ account key.
- To issue free wildcard SSL certificate, supported DNS service providers (to auto-set DNS TXT record) are cPanel, Godaddy, Cloudflare, and Namecheap. If your DNS service provider is other than these four, you need to set DNS TXT record manually. The app sends you an automated email with DNS TXT record details when required.
- After auto-set DNS TXT record, the app waits 2 minutes before sending challenges to the Let's Encrypt™ server for domain verification. If your DNS provider takes more than 2 minutes to propagates out, you have the option to make the app wait even more.
- If you set the DNS TXT record manually, 'FreeSSL.tech Auto' waits until the TXT record propagates out. However, if your DNS service provider takes hours to propagate, some hosts may terminate the cron job. In that case, the app attempts the process on next run (i.e., the next day for a daily cron job). But, if you still face issues, we recommend choosing a non-wildcard SSL certificate for each sub-domain. You have an option for this.
Minimum System Requirements
Case 1: This app uses cPanel API to install free SSL certificates. So, if your web hosting control panel is NOT cPanel and you have an option to install SSL certificate, this app doesn’t install SSL automatically. However, you’ll be able to install the free SSL certificate yourself manually.
Case 2: If your web hosting control panel is cPanel but the SSL installation feature is DISABLED, you need to contact your hosting provider for SSL installation.
In either case, all the processes (Let’s Encrypt™ account registration, domain validation, issue or renew of free SSL certificate) are automated except the installation. You’ll receive an automated email if a free SSL certificate issued or renewed. The email contains the path details of the SSL certificate, private key, and CA bundle. You can install the SSL certificate yourself manually (for case 1) or with the help of your web hosting service provider (for case 2).
As a security best practice, we recommend not to download the SSL certificate, private key and CA bundle. Instead, please copy the path details from the automated email and send it to your web hosting service provider (for case 2).
FreeSSL.tech Auto has the dependency of the following package and uses composer for autoloading.
- registered-domain-libs (https://github.com/usrflo/registered-domain-libs)
- password_compat (https://github.com/ircmaxell/password_compat)
- hash_*() compat (https://github.com/indigophp/hash-compat)